The New York State Department of Health has established a call center to address questions from the public. If you have questions about what is happening in New York, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-888-364-3065.
Additionally, if you have a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, or if you have reason to believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please call Columbia Memorial Health’s hotline at 518-828-8249.
Given the complex and rapidly evolving situation, we encourage you to visit the Center for Disease Control (link), New York State Department of Health (link), and Columbia County Department of Health (link) for the most detailed and up to date information on COVID-19.
Please bookmark this page. We will update this page with information about COVID-19 as it relates to Hawthorne Valley School.
- Message to the Hawthorne Valley School Community, March 24, 2020
- Message to the Hawthorne Valley School Community, March 17, 2020
- Hawthorne Valley School Closure Update, March 17, 2020
- Hawthorne Valley School Closure Announcement, March 13, 2020
- Message to the Hawthorne Valley School Community, March 12, 2020
- Message to the Hawthorne Valley School Community, March 6, 2020
- Message to the Hawthorne Valley School Community, March 2, 2020
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH)
- Columbia County Department of Health
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus (link: New York Times)
- Coronavirus: Keep It Simple, Stick to Facts – How Parents Should Tell Kids (link: BBC.com)
- Explaining the News to Our Kids (link: Common Sense Media)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hawthorne Valley Waldorf School closed?
Hawthorne Valley School is closed starting Monday, March 16th and will remain closed until at least Wednesday, April 1st. All school related events and programs are also cancelled for this time.
Can I still utilize the playgrounds and access the classrooms?
The Hawthorne Valley School campus is closed to the public starting the evening of Wednesday, March 18th with the exception of picking up and dropping off materials for distance learning. The campus buildings will be locked. Classrooms are accessible Tuesday March 17th and Wednesday March 18th by appointment only from 10am – 2pm. Please contact your class teacher to arrange a time.
Where can I find information about my child(ren)’s distance learning resources?
An Interim Learning Plans and Resources page has been added to our website. It can be found under the Parent Portal or by clicking here. It will be updated with information from your children’s teachers weekly.
Is the Hawthorne Valley Farm Store open?
Yes, the farm store will remain open and is encouraging customers to use their curbside or local delivery offerings. Orders can be placed over the phone by calling 518-672-7500 ext. 277 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All orders must be received by 8pm for the following morning.
Is TuRose open?
TuRose will be closed for customers but remain open for pick up orders. To place an order, please email Caroline O’Neill at email@example.com or text 518-821-5778.
We continue to closely monitor the situation and will keep you updated as things change.