On this page you’ll find links to resources on education from a variety of print and online sources. We will post new articles and videos as we find them, so check back often!
If you’re a fan of podcasts and looking to gain insight into Waldorf education and anthroposphy, here are two fun resources:
Exploring anthroposophy in the modern world through interviews, conversations, and explorations. The official podcast of the Anthroposophical Society in America.
Ashley Renwick’s “Waldorfy” serves to explore and explain Waldorf Education and Anthroposophy. In most episodes, she discusses topics with a Waldorf teacher, or someone with knowledge about anthroposophy, to deliver accurate, simple, interesting information and explanations.
Videos: Waldorf 100
“Waldorf – 100: Becoming” – part three in a series of videos to be released by the Waldorf 100 committee to celebrate 100 years of Waldorf education
“Waldorf – 100: Learn to Change the World, Part 2” – this is the second in a series of videos to be released by the Waldorf 100 committee to celebrate 100 years of Waldorf education
“Waldorf – 100: Learn to Change the World, Part 1” – this newly released film is the first of a planned series of films from The International Waldorf 100 Planning Committee in anticipation of the 2019 celebration of 100 years of Waldorf education.
“Waldorf School Education” – a video explaining the basic philosophy and practices of Waldorf School education by Sprouts, used with permission.
- The calming effects of sewing can help people express and heal themselves, The Guardian, February 2019
- Inside the Growing Push for Social and Emotional Learning in K-12 Education, Inside Philanthropy, February 2019
- Teaching the Whole Child: Waldorf Schools and Exemplary Teacher Engagement, Huffington Post, December 2, 2016
- Today’s Exhausted Superkids. New York Times. July 20, 2015
- Kindergartens Ringing the Bell for Play Inside the Classroom. New York Times. June 9, 2015
- Let the Kids Learn Through Play. New York Times. May 16, 2015
- The Building Blocks of a Good Pre-K. New York Times. October 21, 2014
- Busy Hands, Busy Brains American Craft Council. October/November 2014
- Why So Many Kids Can’t Sit Still in School Today. Washington Post. July 8, 2014
- What’s Left as Handwriting Fades. New York Times. June 2, 2014
- The Rise of Alternative Education in China. CNN. March 27, 2014
- New Insight Into How Children Learn Maths. BBC News. March 26, 2014