Handbook & Information
- 2022-2023 School Handbook (coming soon)
- Grades 1 – 3 Summer Reading List
- Grades 4 & 5 Summer Reading List
- Grades 6 – 8 Summer Reading List
- Grades 9 – 12 Summer Reading Recommendations & Assignment
Applying for College
- Hawthorne Valley School has implemented a new college guidance management system called Scoir (pronounced “score”). This new, modern online system streamlines the process of requesting, processing, sending and tracking the electronic delivery of all application-related documents. More importantly, it’s much more helpful for students and parents during the college search and selection process. On Scoir, colleges come to life through pictures, videos and links that highlight active student clubs and organizations. This better enables students to identify colleges that are a good fit with their personal and academic interests, which increases college retention. Scoir also provides parents with useful financial calculators so you can determine the likely cost of attendance at different colleges and consider the affordability when deciding where to apply. These features, along with more convenient scheduling and communication tools, will help keep everyone informed and engaged throughout the college application process. Scoir exists to help more students achieve more positive outcomes, and we’re excited that our students have access to this system and the opportunities it provides.